Vitiligo ( Venpulli Noi )
Occurs due to Tridosha imbalance ie Vata, Pitta, Kapha imbalance.
Suggestions from Dr. J
- Medicinal preparations using Nuna leaves ( Indian Mulberry ) and gingelly oil, called as Nunakadugu is given as internal medicine.
- An open label clinical study (40 participants) with Nunakadugu (NK) reveals its evidence-based use in the treatment of vitiligo.
- Nuna oil ( Indian Mulberry ) is used for external application.
- A decoction made from the roots of Aristolochia indica ( Indian Birthwort ), is given as internal medicine.
- The fact that Tribulus terrestris has ‘Photo-helium’ property was first revealed by ancient Tamil literatures 2000 years ago. According to the Siddha text, ‘Pathartha Guna Chinthamani’, Tribulus terrestris is very effective in treating Vitiligo.
- Siddha text ‘Agasthiyar Gunavagadam’ claims that the matured inner bark of Thespesia populnea ( Indian Tulip Tree ) when chewed, is effective in Vitiligo occurring in the lips.
- Since stress and strain may increase the spread of Vitiligo, Yoga breathing exercises helps to combat such stress . View breathing exercises