Mentioned as “Kalanjagapadai” in Siddha texts, is due to excessive Pitta Dosha.
Suggestions from Dr. J
- Application of Aloe Vera pulp over the lesion, soothes the skin.
- Application of a paste made of Turmeric & Amla over the skin lesion provides immense relief.
- Intake of Parangipattai Choornam ( SmilaxGlabra ROXB ) with warm water is effective for diabetics, with honey in non-diabetics.
- Coriander Tea ( CoriandrumSativum ) twice a dayhelps to balance aggravated Pitta.
- Sirasu Dharai ( Uniform dripping of medicated liquids over forehead ) – Medicated buttermilk is made to flow continuously along the forehead, for a desirable period.This provides good results within 7 - 14 days.
Prevention of Relapse in Psoriasis :
- External Application of Vetpalai Oil (oil made from leaves of Wrightia Tinctoria )
- Oral intake of Avuri Ilai Karkam ( paste made from grinding the leaves of Indigofera tinctoria ) 1 tea spoon, twice a day with honey brings about enormous benefits.
- Yoga Breathing exercises helps a lot in preventing relapse. View breathing exercises